The MFEE Amazing FundRACER is back for a 3rd time! When we cooked up the idea for this fundraiser we were just hoping to have a little fun and raise a few dollars. We crossed our fingers that people would still be talking to us at the end. We were shocked, and thrilled, that at that first finish line party, the racers, volunteers, and spectators were all asking about the NEXT race! We launched the incredible Sequel in 2017 and on May 19, 2019 we are unleashing:
MFEE Amazing FundRACER 3.0: Bigger, Better, Bolder!
The MFEE Amazing FundRACER is a mini-version of the competition show Amazing Race - minus the $1 million prize and the worldwide travel. Our version is just as exciting and more impactful. The funds raised from this community event benefit all 6,000 Montclair Public School students!
50 teams of two from different walks of life come together to compete in a fast-paced and fun-filled race across Montclair. On foot and by bike, contestants complete AMAZING challenges at a series of undisclosed “Challenge Stations” to earn clues that point them to the next stop. Teams will be eliminated as the race progresses, building to a climactic final challenge between the top four teams and a heated sprint to the finish line. The event will culminate in an After Party where the winners will be crowned.
Amazing FundRACER FAQs
How do I enter the race?
- Find a fun, trusty partner to join you in this adventure! You’ll need to create a team name, write a short blurb about your awesome duo, and upload a team photo. When we get your information, we’ll create your team’s online donation page. REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 1ST.
How athletic do I need to be to participate?
- This is a test of wits, good humor, and patience more than athleticism. It’s not a Spartan race, but you will need to be comfortable riding a bike around town and exerting a little hustle in the challenges. The entire bike course is under 4 miles, and there is limited running.
What do I need?
- You will need a bike and a helmet. Teams will also need to raise $500 to qualify. A little bit of competitiveness and a sense of humor are also helpful!
How do we raise the $500?
- Each team will have their own team page where they can collect online donations. MFEE helps create the pages, and we “market” the teams in the broader community. Teams do an excellent job of inviting friends/family to support them. Our teams consistently blow us away with their ability to raise significant funds for our schools!
What if my team raises more than $500?
- You earn coveted Leg UPs! For every additional $125 that you raise, you’ll get a LegUP - a special coin that buys you a clue, an advantage, or an opportunity to gently sabotage another team in the race. While you can’t buy your way to victory, a few LegUPs can give teams a nice boost!
Is there an age limit/requirement for racers?
- Racers must be at least 18 years old (or a Senior at MHS). There is no upper age limit!
Do I need to be a resident of Montclair?
- NO! We welcome anyone who’s ready to have a great time and raise funds for our schools.
Can my company match donations?
- Absolutely! MFEE is registered with multiple matching platforms, and company matches can be counted as part of your team donations.
Will every team that enters be allowed to race?
- The first 50 teams that enter and raise $500 will be on the roster! Let’s go!
What if I can’t race, but still want to support the event?
- Click here to volunteer and Click here to Sponsor the event and Click here to Advertise in the Event Journal! Starting on MARCH 1st, you’ll be able to donate to our registered teams.