April 2020 Fundraiser Newsletter
Every day can be a better day despite the challenge
All you gotta do is leave it better than you found it
It's gonna get difficult to stand but hold your balance
I just say whatever 'cause there is no way around it
- “Sunday Best” Surfaces
In this unique time, we need unique responses to build community and to meet unique needs that
we would not have anticipated just one month ago!
This community has zealously jumped into any challenge that we’ve thrown down, and our
teachers and kids need us now more than ever. Our schools need additional resources
to help them successfully navigate distance learning and to nurture social/emotional supports -
especially for our most vulnerable students.
That's where YOU come in. We're recruiting families, teens, and ANY community member to find
their inner TikTok dancer and compete in the MFEE TikTok Together Challenge before May
20th. Teams will recruit donors to "vote" for their performance through donations.
The team with the most number of donations will be awarded the MFEE TikTok Crowd Favorite
award, and the team with the highest amount raised earns the title of MFEE TikTok Titan!
Proceeds will support emerging needs in our schools in response to COVID-19.
How does this work?
TikTok sensation and MHS Senior, Claire Daddabbo (@I_am_a_pizza) - and her little sister, Eloise (Glenfield Middle School) - have choreographed this special 29-second TikTok dance for our challenge. All you have to do is:
• record yourself performing the dance on your own - OR even better, with your whole family! • share your TikTok video with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) • we’ll create a page on MFEE’s website where friends and family can view your video, donate to your team, and help raise funds to support emerging school needs!
Here's the dance!
1. Because you either have an older kid who lives on TikTok, a younger kid who is begging to be on TikTok, or you yourself are secretly zoning out on TikTok.
2. TikTok makes it super easy to record your video, share it on FB, and send to us to create your fundraising pages.
I'm in! How do I get started?
1. Go to the App store, and download the TikTok App.
2. Create an account. Name your account.
3. Watch the sample video (@I_am_a_Pizza on TikTok or on MFEE’s website).
4. Learn and practice your dance. (Here is a great video with tips for learning a TikTok Dance)
5. Record your dance! On TikTok, hit the plus sign. Click on the top music note “Sounds.” Search the song “Sunday Best” - 29 seconds. 6. Press the record button and do your stuff!
7. Describe your video however you choose, but include the hashtags #mfee #montclairnj #montclairstrong #montclairtiktoktogether
How will the funds raised help our schools?
Funds will fuel MFEE’s capacity to provide:
• resources for economically disadvantaged youth/families or those who face obstacles to engagement
• social/emotional and mental health support during distance learning and beyond
• materials for teachers to enhance distance learning
• capacity for a teacher think-tank to develop best practices and resources for remote learning
Have more questions?