Join us for
Life After High School: Surviving & Thriving in the 21st Century
Saturday January 11th, 9am - 1pm
George Inness Annex, 141 Park Street
Open to all Montclair 8th - 12th graders and their caregivers.
Montclair teens! Looking for advice and inspiration for navigating teen
years and post-high school life with confidence to try new things, build
support networks and be less afraid to fail?
Caregivers of teens! Looking for advice on how to support your teen
through this challenging and exciting time?
MFEE is excited to bring back its FREE award-winning conference that gives
teens AND parents some much-needed tools for facing the journey to
young adulthood with confidence and resiliency.
We've pulled together a cool group of people who'll share their unique
stories of how they found their passions, developed mentors, learned to
network, picked themselves up from failure, and navigated the emotional
transition to adulthood.
We've assembled an experienced team of friendly parent coaches, young
adults and clinicians who'll help us support the social and emotional health
of teens...and of the parents who care for them!
Workshop Leaders include Ariel Helwani (ESPN journalist), Michael Barbee
(Entrepreneur and self-taught filmmaker), Arlinda McIntosh (Founder and owner of
Sofistafunk Clothing), Carly Quisenberry (Conservation Scientist in the Homeward
Bound Program), Samad Savage (MHS alum and rising rap star), Suzelle Marquelle
(Minding Your Mind), Helaina Altabef (Taming the Teen) and many more!
Teen Workshops Include:
• The Sweet Smell of Exploration: How Life Can Be Your College Campus
• 16 Personalities: What's Yours?
• Being Okay With Not Having Your Life Figured Out
• Designing Your Comeback: Finding Creativity After Life Throws You a Curve Ball
• Hustle and Grow: An MMA Journalist's Story of Sticking to Your Guns
Parent Workshops Include:
• Redefining Success - For our Teens...and as Parents
• Just Talk About It: Notice warning signs of stress, anxiety, depression, and crisis
• Put on Your Own Mask First: Strategies to care for your own mental health, while
caring for your family