Photos often speak louder than words.
Browse our photo gallery for a peek into MFEE's work. You'll see Grants in Action, fun at our fundraising events, Toast to the Teachers memories, and so much more!
THIS! This photo captures so much of what this event is about. Judy Alday, special education teacher at Northeast School, was one of the first people to voice an interest in competing in the inaugural MFEE Amazing FundRACER in 2016 - BUT she couldn't ride a bike. We looked into bike lessons for her, and explored other ways to let her compete to no avail. Judy happily volunteered for EVERY MFEE event since 2016...and FINALLY, this year, she registered to compete for the FundRACER! One of her former students lent her his adult-sized tricycle, and Judy teamed up with our first-ever custodian contestant, Luis Solis to form the fiery hot Team Fuego.
Judy's smile says it all. This race reminds us of the power of a community that can play alongside each other, that can collectively tackle silly, yet challenging tasks, and that can step outside its comfort zone.
PHOTO CREDIT: Thank you to the insanely talented, Chanda Hall for snapping this photo
So wonderful to learn about the important and meaningful work that Jared's Fund is doing! Jared's Fund Youth Fellowship provides summer funding to selected current and former students of Montclair High School to pursue projects that focus on mental health.
Glenfield Middle School families honored their Bandleader Mr. Ward at an MFEE Toast otot the Teachers 2019.
MFEE is proud to fund Buzz School's "Bright, Brilliant, Ideas!" Thanks to your donations to our education foundation, MFEE supported teacher innovation in 2018-2019 with grants, such as:
1) Every Story Matters 4.0’ Poetry Slam
2) Breakout EDU Kits
3) Standing Desk Project
4) Celebrating our Heritage and Diversity
5) Cordless Headset Microphones
6) Earth Science Classroom Map
7) Core Samples and Climate Change
8) Buzz Staff Self Care Initiative: Mindfulness Training PD
9) How to Create Attentive and Critical Readers PD
10) Teaching Poetry to Transform Thinking About Writing
11) Creating the IPA and Preparing the Way PD
12) Lots of Letters
13) Start with Hello: Make the Difference
MFEE is proud to fund Watchung School's "Bright, Brilliant, Ideas!" Thanks to your donations to our education foundation, MFEE supported teacher innovation in 2018-2019 with grants, such as:
1) Ready to Read!
2) Flexible Seating
3) High/Low Books
4) Abundance of Love
5) Connecting Language Learning to Music
6) Stem Success in Kindergarten
7) Listening Ears and Vibrant Voices
8) Thinking Outside the Box to Unlock Learning!
9) Focus and Flexed in Grade 2
10) Future Engineers of Watchung
11) Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction PD
12) Kindness Rock Garden Project