The MFEE Amazing Fundracer is BACK for the 4th time, and this time, it will be the ultimate battle for glory in Montclair: The Clash of the Quaranteams.
One year later, you know the people on your Quaranteam.
You really know them.
You know what they eat for every meal and every snack.
You know what TV shows they have binge watched (twice) in the last year, and you definitely know their level of fitness - physical or mental. It's time to capitalize on all that togetherness and register your Quarenteam to compete.
Teams can include up to six members of ANY age!
The MFEE Amazing FundRACER is a mini-version of the competition show Amazing Race - minus the $1 million prize and the worldwide travel. Our version is just as exciting and more impactful. The funds raised from this community event benefit all 6,700 Montclair Public School students!
This year, a portion of the proceeds will support MFEE's initiatives to address racial equity in our schools.
Traditionally, 50 teams of 2 have competed in a fast-paced and fun-filled race across Montclair on foot and by bike. This year, we are opening the race to families or groups of up to six members. Contestants will complete AMAZING challenges at a series of undisclosed “Challenge Stations” to earn clues that point them to the next stop. Teams will be eliminated as the race progresses, building to a climactic final challenge between the top four teams and a heated sprint to the finish line.
Amazing FundRACER FAQs
How do I enter the race?
Look around at the people in your house and tell them that you're recruiting them to join you on this adventure! You’ll need to create a Quaranteam name, write a short blurb about your awesome Quaranteam, and upload a team photo. When we get your information, we’ll create your team’s online donation page. Maximum team size is 6 members.
Can I quarantine and pick some other people for my team whom I don’t really live with? I am bored of my real-life Quaranteam.
- You could. It may be a disadvantage, since you haven’t had all that quality time together that the others have had. But, as long as you are safe, you can make your own Quaranteam however you see fit!
How athletic do I need to be to participate?
This is a test of wits, good humor, and patience more than athleticism. It’s not a Spartan race. We know your patience level with the members of your Quaranteam may be a bit shorter after the last year, but we are confident you will be able to use the individual skills of your teammates to compete and advance through the race.There will be challenges geared towards all the different members of your Quaranteam.
What do I need?
- You will need a car and your mask. Teams will also need to raise $500 to qualify. A little bit of competitiveness and a sense of humor are also helpful!
How will the race adhere to COVID safety protocols?
- Quaranteams will race at all events outdoors, and each team member is required to wear a mask for the whole race. There will be a staggered start, and the order of the challenges will ensure social distancing. There will be no in-person spectators. The race will be streamed online for your fans.
How do we raise the $500?
- Each team will have their own team page where they can collect online donations. MFEE helps create the pages, and we “market” the teams in the broader community. Teams do an excellent job of inviting friends/family to support them. Our teams consistently blow us away with their ability to raise significant funds for our schools!
What if my team raises more than $500?
- You earn coveted Leg UPs! For every additional $125 that you raise, you’ll get a LegUP - a special coin that buys you a clue, an advantage, or an opportunity to gently sabotage another team in the race. While you can’t buy your way to victory, a few LegUPs can give teams a nice boost!
Is there an age limit/requirement for racers?
- There are no age requirements this year!
Do I need to be a resident of Montclair?
- NO! We welcome anyone who’s ready to have a great time and raise funds for our schools.
Can my company match donations?
- Absolutely! MFEE is registered with multiple matching platforms, and company matches can be counted as part of your team donations.
Will every team that enters be allowed to race?
- The first 50 teams that enter and raise $500 will be on the roster! Let’s go!
What if I can’t race, but still want to support the event?