Toast to the Teachers 101
Whether you have hosted an MFEE Toast to the Teachers, attended a Toast, or are new to the Montclair Public Schools, we thought we'd offer a "Toast to the Teachers 101" to explain this MFEE fundraiser and tradition to honor our teachers:
Funds raised from MFEE Toast to the Teachers go directly toward Educational Excellence Grants.
MFEE Toast to the Teachers is a long-standing tradition in our school community! These family-hosted parties take place from the end of May to the end of June every school year. Toasts differ from end-of year class parties because they are fundraisers to raise critical resources to support MFEE Educational Excellence classroom grants. Toasts also build community by bringing us together to celebrate and honor our amazing educators.
MFEE awards approximately $75,000 in Educational Excellence grants each year to support innovative projects that directly impact student learning, either as a classroom-based initiative or a school-wide program. These grants fund everything from enrichment literature for classroom libraries to grade-level materials to enliven science, to school-wide initiatives to inspire writers.
Host a Toast:
- Choose a special teacher, principal, coach, or other person from Montclair Public Schools and host a party in their honor.
- Confer with your honoree to pick a date & type of party. Family ice cream party in the park, adult-only cocktail party, dinner under the stars - your Toast can be whatever you fancy!
- Register to Host a Toast online here as soon as you can, but no later than 2 weeks before your party date. We’ll help set the party fee.
- Once we receive your completed Host form, we’ll create an online registration page that you can share with families.
- Toast hosts cover the (tax-deductible) costs of the parties (teaming up with other families is a great idea!)
Attend a Toast:
Visit our Toast page and click on a Montclair Public School to find a Toast and purchase tickets. Plan on attending several Toasts? Purchase a Toast PASS and attend as many Toasts as you like for one fee!
Our schools need us now more than ever and Toast dollars fund innovative programs that directly impact every child.