MFEE Program Associate
The Montclair Fund for Educational Excellence (MFEE) seeks a full-time Program Associate to support the foundation’s growing outreach, donor base, and impact. The ideal candidate is a creative, energetic, self-starter with superior organizational skills who has project management experience and relishes balancing multiple roles. Some development experience is a plus, as is a passion for and connection to the Montclair Public Schools.
The Program Associate will work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate and execute core tasks to accomplish the Foundation’s broad mission. The Program Associate reports to the Executive Director and also works with the Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, other staff and volunteers, and supports development work, events, grants programs, program management of MFEE special initiatives, marketing and communications, and organizational/board development.
This is a full-time position.
- Manage action steps for MFEE’s multi-pronged development strategy
- Assist the Executive Director to complete follow-up with Major Gifts prospects
- Manage donor acknowledgments (following appeals, events, major gifts, etc)
- Identify ways to link donors to events, projects, to keep them connected with our work
- Coordinate donor appreciation event
- Cultivate/leverage core supporters (Grant Liaisons, Toast Hosts)
- Assist the Executive Director to research and complete grant applications
- Work with Event Chairs and Board Leadership to manage the planning, organization and implementation of fundraisers and other events, including crafting sponsorship packages and securing sponsors, helping to recruit volunteers
- Work with MFEE Grants Chair to administer the grants process for all three program areas
- Serve as key point person for MFEE Grant Liaisons, including running the orientation meeting
- Work with the MFEE Grants Chair to lead the MFEE grant review meetings and execute follow-up, including grant award letters, evaluations and listings of grants awarded at each school
- Manage the MFEE websites, ensuring they are current and inspiring for all audiences
- Work with Board Communications Chair to develop content for social media postings and monthly newsletters
- Coordinate monthly MFEE updates to the Board of Education
- Help MFEE Executive Director and Board President prepare and disseminate materials for Board meetings
- Maintain Board contact list
Additional Duties as Necessary
Skills needed: Excellent writing and project management skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs. Knowledge of Bloomerang, Foundant and Firespring a plus.