Annually, MFEE supports innovation in the Montclair Public Schools through three grantmaking programs:
Educational Excellence Grants are awarded to Montclair Public School faculty for innovative projects that will have a direct impact in the classroom.
Applications are accepted once a year and awards range from $90 to $1,000. The average grant size is approximately $700.
Social and Emotional Learning Grants are awarded to Montclair Public School faculty for projects that enhance students' social and emotional competencies, including their ability to manage emotions, develop positive relationships, and show empathy for others. Applications are accepted once a year and awards range from $175 to $1,000.
Greenwald Professional Development Grants are awarded to Montclair Public School faculty for activities that strengthen their skills to improve student achievement. Applications are accepted twice a year and awards range from $75 to $600. These grants are awarded in memory of beloved educator Marcia Greenwald.
The 2022 Grant Application Deadline is October 25, 2022.
For 2022, MFEE awards grants for innovative projects and professional development that will have a direct impact on the classroom. Proposals are evaluated on the quality of the application, demonstrated need for the project, and the extent to which the proposal presents a creative way to enhance grade level curricula and support current District goals.
Technology-related items are reviewed with the District Technology Coordinator. Technology requests must be directly tied to curricular objectives.
Items MFEE Does Not Fund
- Class trips or school-wide assemblies.
- Snacks or food to be served during the project.
- Substitute teachers.
- Teacher stipends to enable participation in the project unless the program requires a significant time commitment outside of normal school hours.
- Consumable, one-time-use items, such as tshirts.
- Travel, lodging, materials, and other expenses.*
- Courses required in order to obtain an advanced degree.*
- Programs occurring during the school day and/or that require the hiring of a substitute teacher.*
- Renewal grants for annually occurring workshops/conferences are not encouraged.*
*Pertain to Greenwald Professional Development Grants