Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of projects are typically approved?
Social and Emotional Learning Grants enhance students' social and emotional competencies, including their ability to manage emotions, develop positive relationships, strengthen self-esteem, and show empathy for others.
Who can apply?
Any Montclair Public School staff member or representative of a school-based parent organization.
When can I apply?
2021 grant applications are due October 25th.
What is the maximum grant award?
Awards range from $175 to $1,000.
What is expected of me if I am awarded a grant?
At the end of the project, grantees complete an evaluation survey and supply MFEE with photos, student testimonials, or short videos to document the project.
Social and Emotional Learning Grants are awarded to Montclair Public School faculty for projects that enhance students' social and emotional competencies, including their ability to manage emotions, develop positive relationships, and show empathy for others.
Technology-related items are reviewed with the District Technology Coordinator. Technology requests must be directly tied to curricular objectives.
Items MFEE Does Not Fund
- Class trips or school-wide assemblies.
- Snacks or food to be served during the project.
- Substitute teachers.
- Teacher stipends to enable participation in the project unless the program requires a significant time commitment outside of normal school hours.
- Consumable, one-time-use items, such as tshirts.
- Travel, lodging, materials, and other expenses.*
- Courses required in order to obtain an advanced degree.*
- Programs occurring during the school day and/or that require the hiring of a substitute teacher.*
- Renewal grants for annually occurring workshops/conferences are not encouraged.*
*Pertain to Greenwald Professional Development Grants